Youth Learn to Row
SUMMER 2016 LEARN-TO-ROW CAMP OVERVIEW
Enjoy the sunshine and water this summer, and let ORU introduce you to the wonderful world of rowing! Two-week camp sessions are available all summer. You'll learn proper rowing technique, basic terminology, and boat safety. Sessions are small and fun, and no previous experience or fitness level is necessary!
- Camp sessions are M/W/F from 8-10 AM on the following dates: Jun 13-24; Jun 27-Jul 8; Jul 11-22; Jul 25-Aug 5; Aug 9-19.
- All sessions are held at the boathouse, where you will meet the coaches and some of the team's experienced rowers on the first day. You will learn the correct rowing stroke on an ergometer (an indoor rowing machine), rowing terminology, the parts of the boat, and how to carry the boat to and from the dock.
- When we move to the water, you will learn how to get in and out of a shell, how to hold the oars, and how to begin rowing. By the end of two weeks, you should be comfortable rowing in a stable training single and in team boats, and will have begun training for fitness and strength.
- Sessions may be repeated to reinforce skill sets; or, with coaches' approval, you may join the Junior Team Summer Practice, M-F, 7:30-9:30 AM (Jun-Aug) at an additional fee.
- Cost: $75/2 week session. Complete the online registration form below and follow the posted instructions. We'll be in touch with you to confirm your participation!
Summer Learn-To-Row Camp Registration
- Register and pay online through Regatta Central.
- Print and compete the required Learn to Row Forms. Please bring all forms with you on the first day of the session.
Registration Deadlines: Please register by Friday (6/10; 6/24; 7/8; 7/22; 8/5) before the beginning of the session(s) you plan to attend.