Adult Intro to Rowing Weekend Clinic
Adult Intro to Rowing Clinic Overview
Our Adult Intro to Rowing Clinic scheduled for October 1-2 has been cancelled and will be rescheduled at a later date. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Interested in trying out rowing? Our low-cost weekend introduction is perfect for anyone who wants to learn the fundamentals of the sport. By the end of our two-day clinic, you will learn basic rowing technique, terminology, and boat safety. If after the weekend you realize you love rowing as much as we do, and you can't wait to get back out on the water, you can apply the clinic fee towards your first month of membership with our beginner-friendly Masters Team!
Please note that due to the number of ORU volunteers necessary to hold the clinic, a minimum number of signups is required for the clinic to take place. If you'd like to help make sure it happens, please tell a friend or two about us! We'll be sure to keep you updated on the clinic status if you express your interest in participating.
- Date: TBD
- Time: 8-11:30 am (Saturday); 8-11:00 am (Sunday)
- Cost: $50 (can be applied to your first month of membership with ORU Masters Team)
- Location: ORU Boathouse (closest boathouse to the river on the south end of Oaks Amusement Park)
Wear clothing appropriate for indoor exercise (i.e. shorts; t-shirt; no loose or baggy clothing, tennis shoes). Bring a water bottle.
- Introduction - boathouse tour, safety video, discussing terms and types of rowing
- Practice on the Ergometers - introduce rowing technique, reinforce terms, and practice as a team on the ergs
- Dock Field Trip - bring a boat down to the dock, learn how to safely get in and out of the boat, and put it back in the boathouse
Wear clothing appropriate for outdoor exercise (layers; close-fitting shorts/tights and t-shirt; no cotton; tennis shoes) Bring a water bottle. You may also wish to bring sunglasses or a cap.
- Brief review of safety and rowing technique
- Practice on the water with the help of the ORU Masters Team!